With this privacy statement we want to inform you as a patient about the way in which we as a care provider handle your personal and medical data. The reasons for the recording, processing and exchange of your data with other parties (care providers and your health insurer) are explained in more detail below. We also inform you about your other legal privacy rights.
What data do we process?
As part of our services, we process the following personal data from you:
- Name, address, place of residence, citizen service number (BSN), telephone number and E-mail address.
- The information about your health and the procedures / podotherapy intervention (s) that we have carried out. We record this information in a medical file. We include other medical information (for example, information from your doctor), insofar as this is necessary for proper assistance to you.
- When engaging other processors (for example, for message traffic for healthcare providers), we ensure that your privacy rights are guaranteed in a processor agreement
What do we use your information for?
- As healthcare providers, we are required to register the citizen service number. We also need to use that number when we exchange data about a patient. This is stated in the Citizen Service Number Use in Healthcare Act.
- Exchange of your data with other care providers (such as your doctor) takes place, after you have given permission, via a secure connection.
- In an anonymous form, we use your data to support scientific research, education and information
- In connection with the payment of your bill by the health insurer, we will provide your details of the treatment or of podotherapy intervention (s) via a secure connection to your health insurer after you have given your permission.
- For adequate care provision we require that you have access to your medical information. In connection with the treatment agreement (Medical Treatment Agreement Act) that we enter into with you, we note the information about your health and the care / delivery of podotherapeutic intervention (s) that we have carried out.
- For an audit. Once every five years in our podiatry practice an external quality check is carried out by external independent auditors. The auditors have signed a confidentiality agreement. The auditors will only be allowed to view your file if you have given permission for this. Without this permission, the auditors may only view an anonymous file. This is a file from which all your data with regard to your identity have been removed.
- Intervision, supervision or consultation. In the context of intervision, supervision or consultation, our podotherapy practice only uses data from which your identity cannot be deduced.
What is the retention period of your medical data?
Other Privacy Rights
- You have the right to view, modify data and remove data from your (patient) file.
- You have the right to be able to limit and withdraw a consent given to us.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to easily transfer data and transfer it to another organization.
- The right to submit complaints to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. How do we protect your personal data?
- Profysic takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via email@example.com.
We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- TLS (formerly SSL) We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can see this in the address bar 'https' and the padlock in the address bar.